TO REGISTER YOUR K-12 Student Art Exhibit Complete the Form Below
We're putting the A in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, ART, and Math) in the Creativity Place. In this area, schools will be invited to showcase students' creative talent and students will be able to discover fun and engaging ways to apply STEM concepts through the Arts.
The outcomes for the Creativity Place are to inspire students to look at their artwork as a form of inquiry. We this in mind, project submissions should:
- Encourage creative thinking and problem solving
- Inspire creative inquiry
- Showcase hands-on explorations of STEAM connections
Art as a Form of Inquiry, Method of Pedagogy, and Way of Knowing
- Art as a Form of Inquiry, Method of Pedagogy, and Way of Knowing
- Art is effective at engaging and distilling complex and dynamic problems.
- Art challenges habits and certitude.
- Art engages all of the senses and sense-making capacities of the learner.
- Art provides opportunities for synthesis and personal meaning-making.
- Both artists and scientists pursue the big questions of their times.
- Explore the arts and the Studio Habits of Mind
Students will be able to participate in the Creativity Place an “Open House” type of format. Materials for creating will be provided.
Schools are invited to submit up to 4 art entries per site for the STEAM Expo 2020 Visual Display. Art project must be submitted electronically or in person at the Nevada County Fairgrounds Main Center on Thursday, March 26th from 1pm-4pm. All projects must be collected on Saturday, March 28th by 3pm or they will be disposed.